April 29, 2012 / Rae Spencer

Overcast

The sky is dull gray, the air damp and chilly. It’s almost as if our lost winter has found its way home, at last, and means to stay a while. Except, there are all these flowers…

The robin doesn’t appear to be worried, though she is sticking close to the nest. Perhaps I’ll follow her lead.

1. lemon123 / Apr 29 2012 3:34 PM

Those flowers are lovely. The pansy is gorgeous.

2. Angela / Apr 29 2012 3:36 PM

Looks like a good day to stay home, curl up, and do some reading, writing, and napping. :)

• Rae Spencer / Apr 29 2012 8:04 PM

I’ve been working on a manuscript most of the afternoon, and now I am definitely ready for a book and a nap!

3. timelesslady / Apr 29 2012 4:10 PM

It’s sunny here in South Jersey today, but it is cool…March and April flip-flopped this year…hmmm…sounds like tomorrow’s post for my blog.

4. jeaniemac100 / Apr 29 2012 6:52 PM

Rae, You have such an amazing body of work, prodigious in number, exquisite in content. Jean

5. williamricci / Apr 29 2012 10:26 PM

I love the overcast photo. It has a timeless feeling to it, and I hear music emerging from the clouds.

6. bardessdmdenton / May 1 2012 12:53 PM

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. And a precious capture of the robin! I am viewing on May day–which was overcast until your post colored it much brighter!

• Rae Spencer / May 1 2012 4:51 PM

I’m a bit worried about the robin. She wasn’t on the nest when I checked last night, and the nest was either still empty or empty again when I checked this morning. Hopefully, I just missed her…

7. Eve Redwater / May 1 2012 4:31 PM

Love the rose!

• Rae Spencer / May 1 2012 4:46 PM

Thank you! I really can’t claim any credit for the roses, because they don’t like me very much. They tend to wither if I stand too close to them. This one needed several hours to recover from having its picture taken…