April 29, 2012 / Rae Spencer

The sky is dull gray, the air damp and chilly. It’s almost as if our lost winter has found its way home, at last, and means to stay a while. Except, there are all these flowers…

The robin doesn’t appear to be worried, though she is sticking close to the nest. Perhaps I’ll follow her lead.

1. lemon123 / Apr 29 2012 3:34 PM

Those flowers are lovely. The pansy is gorgeous.

2. Angela / Apr 29 2012 3:36 PM

Looks like a good day to stay home, curl up, and do some reading, writing, and napping. :)

• Rae Spencer / Apr 29 2012 8:04 PM

I’ve been working on a manuscript most of the afternoon, and now I am definitely ready for a book and a nap!

3. timelesslady / Apr 29 2012 4:10 PM

It’s sunny here in South Jersey today, but it is cool…March and April flip-flopped this year…hmmm…sounds like tomorrow’s post for my blog.

4. jeaniemac100 / Apr 29 2012 6:52 PM

Rae, You have such an amazing body of work, prodigious in number, exquisite in content. Jean

5. williamricci / Apr 29 2012 10:26 PM

I love the overcast photo. It has a timeless feeling to it, and I hear music emerging from the clouds.

6. bardessdmdenton / May 1 2012 12:53 PM

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. And a precious capture of the robin! I am viewing on May day–which was overcast until your post colored it much brighter!

• Rae Spencer / May 1 2012 4:51 PM

I’m a bit worried about the robin. She wasn’t on the nest when I checked last night, and the nest was either still empty or empty again when I checked this morning. Hopefully, I just missed her…

7. Eve Redwater / May 1 2012 4:31 PM

Love the rose!

• Rae Spencer / May 1 2012 4:46 PM

Thank you! I really can’t claim any credit for the roses, because they don’t like me very much. They tend to wither if I stand too close to them. This one needed several hours to recover from having its picture taken…