Limits

Dandelions? I’m eternally fascinated with them.

Purple Dead-nettle? I think it’s beautiful

However, even I have limits. Thistles are tough on my bare feet and the dog’s tender toes.

And ants? I don’t mind them in the yard, but they’re never content to stay in the yard. They always want to move into the garage, or the kitchen, or the mailbox…

But it’s good to have limits, isn’t it? Otherwise life would dissolve into a mad, messy carnival of happiness.

Hm.

On the other hand, thistles are quite pretty…

13 thoughts on “Limits

1. jeaniemac100 March 25, 2012 / 8:20 AM

And, the problem with life becoming a “mad, messy carnival of happiness, would be…?!”

2. bardessdmdenton March 20, 2012 / 2:14 PM

Yes, set boundaries, but not too firm in case there is something not to be missed beyond…

Love the progression of pictures and words!

3. Betty Hayes Albright March 18, 2012 / 8:13 PM

We are kindred spirits, it seems! (I too love dandelions, and admire the beauty of other so-called weeds.)

• Rae Spencer March 18, 2012 / 8:24 PM

Dandelions are my favorite, for the moment, but the clover isn’t blooming yet… πŸ™‚

4. Jeanette Gallagher March 16, 2012 / 11:17 PM

After you decided thistles are pretty I looked at their picture again – you’re right, they are a pretty shape and a lovely green! I love all the pictures and your words. Very nice!

5. Sharon Poch March 16, 2012 / 10:11 PM

I love dandelions even more when they go to seed and play “Puff”. When we lived in Italy, I’d see people scouring roadsides for the greens. All in all, a fine plant.
    Sjar

• Rae Spencer March 16, 2012 / 10:34 PM

I would love any plant that I found in Italy!

6. selah March 16, 2012 / 8:03 PM

globe thistles have a very pretty flower.. dandelions are good for food.. with you on the ants.. and that squirrel is adorable. πŸ™‚