First Landing State Park, October 11

I woke this morning with the urge to make an audio recording of frog song. Nature seldom cooperates, when my plans are that specific, and today was no exception. Yesterday, one of the park’s small ponds was a cacophony of harsh croaks and lyrical trills. Today it was mostly silent. Here’s why:

So I have no audio to share. Instead I have sunlight and woodpeckers…

9 thoughts on “First Landing State Park, October 11

1. bardessdmdenton October 16, 2012 / 3:01 PM

So often nature offers what we didn’t think we were looking for … well, life too! Lovely photos — we get red-bellied woodpeckers on our suet feeders quite often.

2. Betty Hayes Albright October 12, 2012 / 11:37 PM

Rae, I was just looking at my blogroll about to click on your name when your “like” appeared. Thank you for that! We’re on the same wave-length it seems. 🙂
    (As usual I’m terribly behind reading blogs – but want you to know how much I love your blog and all the photos!)

• Rae Spencer October 13, 2012 / 12:00 AM

Thank you! I’m always happy when your posts pop up in my reader. Love your poems.

3. CMS October 11, 2012 / 11:09 PM

Rae, this is a gorgeous post and took me to just the place I needed to be after a hectic day. Thank you!

4. jeaniemac100 October 11, 2012 / 10:05 PM

Oh, Rae, your photos make me happy all over. The second and fifth of this series are my favorites, this time.

5. lynnwyvill October 11, 2012 / 9:27 PM

Sorry you didn’t get your audio recording. But you did get great photos!

• Rae Spencer October 11, 2012 / 10:48 PM

I’m not giving up on my audio quest. Stay tuned!

• lynnwyvill October 12, 2012 / 8:12 AM

I figured you wouldn’t! I’ll look forward to hearing it. I really enjoy your posts!