Doubt

Today’s editing efforts deteriorated into a session of self-doubt. After a few sweaty hours of hammering at a lost cause, I forced myself to close the word processing software, turn off the light, and shut the office door tight behind me. Ever have one of those days?

12 thoughts on “Doubt

1. bardessdmdenton May 22, 2012 / 1:18 PM

Frequently! And my kitties–one in particular–will look at me like the one in the photo, as if to say, “Well, you’re better off putting your attention on me anyway!”

• Rae Spencer May 22, 2012 / 5:05 PM

Hm. I do tend to feel better after a few hours of cat time…

2. timelesslady May 18, 2012 / 7:23 AM

Yes…but hammer away again today. Progress awaits!

• Rae Spencer May 18, 2012 / 3:53 PM

Today I hope to regain the ground that I lost yesterday. Tomorrow, I will aim for true progress!

3. Betty Hayes Albright May 17, 2012 / 9:52 PM

I’ve been there a lot! Guess it’s a common affliction. πŸ™‚ What a sweet photo of your kitty!

• Rae Spencer May 17, 2012 / 10:23 PM

I don’t know why I let my inner critic take over some days, but I do. It’s nice to know that I’m not alone!

• Rae Spencer May 17, 2012 / 7:06 PM

Yes! And there will be sunshine, which might have been today’s missing piece.

4. kathrynmartins1 May 17, 2012 / 6:54 PM

Lots πŸ™‚ Those days i am especially thankful for my dogs.

• Rae Spencer May 17, 2012 / 7:13 PM

Indigo slept through most of my meltdown, woke long enough to express her confusion over leaving the office so soon, and then settled on the couch for more sleep. The cats listened as I complained about my lack of progress, then pointed out that their food bowl was empty… πŸ™‚

• kathrynmartins1 May 17, 2012 / 11:19 PM

Sounds kind of symbiotic…Gotta love ’em πŸ™‚