May 8, 2015 / Rae Spencer

Light

Cosmos May 7

I can’t remember noticing, before, how the light changes as spring progresses.

Cosmos May 7

The yard’s surfaces absorb and reflect, soften and sharpen the sun’s new angle.

Iris May

Bees appear to fly through light, not air.

Bee April 29

Bee April 29

And birds strike silhouette poses, as if eager to be photographed.

Warbler April 29

Robin May 6

Is it all in my head, a side effect of spring euphoria? Or is it happening where you live, too?

Warbler May 3

If you live in the southern hemisphere, is it happening in reverse? Light reverting back to air, flattening against fall’s advance as bees and birds prepare for winter?

1. Fictionquest / May 9 2015 4:40 PM

thank you… just la ovely. post Have not had time to take photos in my garden (I am on the Avalon penninsula in Newfoundland)… we are inundated with song birds but only the heathers and the crocus are in bloom… yours in a blog full of hope of spring. (It is Iceberg season here alas)

• Rae Spencer / May 11 2015 8:57 PM

Iceberg season sounds a bit daunting! Will spring chase the icebergs away?

• Fictionquest / May 12 2015 10:25 AM

The Icebergs float down with the Labrador Current and somewhere south of here meet the Gulf Stream and melt into great banks of fog. From May to the end of June when the wind blows off the land we have splendid weather but when it blows off the Atlantic we have RDF (rain drizzle and fog). We who live here are resigned to the situation and are amused by the tourists who come from all around the world to see a flaoting mountain of ice. Iceberg Alley is situated just outside a place call Twillingate.

• Rae Spencer / May 12 2015 11:31 AM

Sounds like something I would want to see, too! The icebergs, that is. The rain drizzle and fog, not so much. 🙂

2. bardessdmdenton / May 11 2015 2:10 PM

Lovely photographs and beautiful words, Rae! I especially love: “Bees appear to fly through light, not air.” And may I say here – thank you for reading and reviewing TASS Fled. XO

3. Melissa Shaw-Smith / May 11 2015 8:39 PM

What a gorgeous post. You capture the spirit of your words in your photos. Happy Spring!